Thursday, February 1, 2018

A Song Unheard (Shadows Over England, #2)A Song Unheard by Roseanna M. White

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult, Christian Fiction
Genre: Historical Romance
Content: Clean


Willa Forsythe is both a violin prodigy and top-notch thief, which make her the perfect choice for a crucial task at the outset of World War I—to steal a cypher from a famous violinist currently in Wales.

Lukas De Wilde has enjoyed the life of fame he's won—until now, when being recognized nearly gets him killed. Everyone wants the key to his father's work as a cryptologist. And Lukas fears that his mother and sister, who have vanished in the wake of the German invasion of Belgium, will pay the price. The only light he finds is in meeting the intriguing Willa Forsythe.


A Song Unheard is the second book in the Shadows Over England companion series, and I loved this book as much as I loved the first one in the series. We met Willa in the first book and I was happy that she was the main character here. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about her and Lukas and seeing their romance develop. Willa's growth as a person was especially wonderful and I love that the author actually had someone write and perform her song that is at the end of the book. Here's a link to the book trailer, which I think was very well done, that features the music: http://bit.ly/ASongUnheardTrailer

This is a Christian historical romance with some intrigue added in with spies during WWI. I liked the historical aspect of the story a lot, and found the author's note at the end of the book really interesting. It turns out that the Davies sisters who are featured in the book were actually real people and they really did put together an orchestra composed of Belgian musicians, among other things. I'm looking forward to reading the third book in the series, and I hope it isn't the last one.

Thanks to NetGalley and Baker Publishing Group for giving me a copy of this book for review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment