Tuesday, February 27, 2018

February 2018 Book Club: Snow Crash

Snow CrashSnow Crash by Neal Stephenson

My rating: Zero stars. I didn't get very far into it.

Category: Adult
Genre: Sci-fi, Fantasy
Content: Strong Language, An adult has sex with an underage girl 
(could be more but I didn't read the whole thing)


This was our book club read for February and I tried but didn't get very far into it. Right off the bat the writing style annoyed me. Why drop the first word off your sentences? This was just not what I was expecting and just not for me.

In reality, Hiro Protagonist delivers pizza for Uncle Enzo’s CosoNostra Pizza Inc., but in the Metaverse he’s a warrior prince.

Not one person in the book club liked this book. I think we all may have just zeroed in on that opening line in the book's description and thought it sounded interesting. Personally I know I would rather the book had just stuck with the Pizza Mafia theme - it sounded kind of kooky and fun. Instead the whole premise ended up being way too unbelievable even for a fantasy/sci-fi type book.

I ended up getting all the spoilers from my friend so I wouldn't have to finish the book. I have to add that I have a huge issue with the way a 15 year old girl is portrayed in the book. Needless to say, this was a disappointing read.

Review also posted at Writings of a Reader



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment