Saturday, February 10, 2018

Beastly Bones (Jackaby, #2)Beastly Bones by William Ritter

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Young Adult
Genre: Paranormal, Mystery
Content: One curse word that I noticed, other than that clean.


I've found very little about private detective R. F. Jackaby to be standard in the time I've known him. Working as his assistant tends to call for a somewhat flexible relationship with reality . . .

In 1892, New Fiddleham, New England, things are never quite what they seem, especially when Abigail Rook and her eccentric employer, R. F. Jackaby, are called upon to investigate the supernatural.


Why did I wait so long to continue with this series? I forgot how much I enjoyed Jackaby. This time around Jackaby and Abigail deal with some mysterious deaths and some mysterious bones that have been unearthed out in the country. I still love Jackaby and the book made me laugh quite a few times. Jackaby in personality is sort of like Sherlock, but there is some Dirk Gently thrown in there as well.




When I read the first book I thought of a Sherlock and Doctor Who mashup, but I think Dirk Gently is a better example. There are some seriously crazy and off the wall things that happen in these books. Not Dirk Gently crazy, but still there is that element there. In fact the whole opening part of this book reminded me a lot of something from the first season of Dirk Gently, but that's all I'm going to say. I don't want to spoil anything.

Overall this is a fun book and a fun series so far. It is a rather short book at 296 pages but I think it is just the right length for the story, and the perfect length for me to continue on to the next book in the series right away, without feeling like I need a break from the characters first.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment