Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Ghostly Echoes (Jackaby #3)Ghostly Echoes by William Ritter

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Category: Young Adult
Genre: Paranormal, Mystery
Content: Clean


Jenny Cavanaugh, the ghostly landlord of 826 Augur Lane, has enlisted the services of her detective-agency tenants to solve a decade-old murder--her own.

After reading the first two books in this series and finding them delightful, sadly I found Ghostly Echoes to be a disappointment. I'm not sure what happened but the charm and humor from the other two books was greatly missing in this one. Maybe it was that this one is darker than the others and that didn't leave room for humor. Whatever the reason, it was just a rather dull read that I found hard to get through. To top it off the author decided to add in a modern day social issue that was out of place. I would rather the soapboxing be left out next time.

I did like that we learn more about Jackaby's background in the book, but I can't say I would really recommend reading this one other than to just get through the rest of the series. There is still one more book in the series and after feeling so disappointed in this one, I'm not sure if I'm going to read it or not.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment