Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Murder on Union Square (Gaslight Mystery, #21)Murder on Union Square by Victoria Thompson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Mystery 
Content: Clean


 
When a murder hits close to home, Frank finds himself in an unusual position--the prime suspect.

I enjoyed this one quite a bit. The mystery was ok. It kept me guessing for a little while but I did eventually figure out who did it and how, for both of the deaths, well before Sarah and Frank did. If you've been reading my reviews of this series then you already know that is pretty normal for this series. If the book had not been set in the early 1900s then I would have expected Sarah and Frank to figure out how that second murder was done pretty easily. But in that time period I can forgive them for being a little naive about that sort of thing. I don't really want to say anything more because of spoilers, but if you read the book you'll know what I mean. I mostly enjoyed reading about the supporting characters Maeve and Gino in this one. I think the parts I enjoyed the most were when they were working undercover as newspaper reporters. It was fun to see them in their element, especially Gino.

This series has had its ups and downs but right now I feel like it's in a good place. I do wish that the romance, or what appears to be attraction at least, between a couple of the supporting characters would get a bit more attention. It's reminding me a lot of the snail's pace that the romance between Sarah and Frank progressed at. That is one of my biggest complains about this series though, everything moves at such a slow pace, too slow for me. Despite that I continue to stay interested in this series. 21 books in is a long way in. I've invested a lot of reading time into it so I'll keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment