Wednesday, January 9, 2019

December 2018 Book Club: Theft of Swords

Theft of Swords (The Riyria Revelations, #1-2)Theft of Swords by Michael J. Sullivan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Content: Strong Language


Update 1/6/2019: Reread for book club.

They killed the king. They pinned it on two men. They chose poorly.

I was thrilled that my book club picked this to read for January. This omnibus contains the first two books that started the Riyria Revelations. It has become one of my favorite fantasy series of all time. Royce and Hadrian are always entertaining and it was nice to revisit Theft of Swords after six and a half years. Has it really been that long since I first read this? It doesn't seem like it. This series spawned two prequel series, The Riyiria Chronicles and Legends of the First Empire, both of which I love just as much as this one, and a third one is in the works as well. I highly recommend if you enjoy traditional fantasy.

Original review 6/23/2012:

I received Theft of Swords from a Goodreads first-reads giveaway. I very much enjoyed it. I liked that it was a traditional epic type fantasy, but was still a fun easy read. The characters were all very engaging and I look forward to meeting them again in the sequels.



No comments:

Post a Comment