Saturday, July 11, 2020

Sweet Regrets (Crossroads Series (A Romantic Companion Series to Serenity's Plain Secrets) Book 2)Sweet Regrets (Crossroads Series by Karen Ann Hopkins

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Romance
Content: Steamy make out scenes, A mostly off page sex scene


Joshua Miller is an Amish widower, raising a family, and running a busy farm. CJ West is an aspiring artist, who just happens to be an outsider. When CJ rents a cottage from Joshua, sparks fly, and an impossible romance begins. Their love runs deep, and as uncontrollable forces threaten to tear them apart, CJ takes action, joining the Amish in their world. But it’s not going to be easy. CJ must give up so many things, including her personal freedom, to be with the man she loves. As doubts creep in, a person from CJ’s past returns, and her life is once again turned upside down.

Are CJ and Joshua’s bonds strong enough to withstand the challenges of their clashing cultures? Their story concludes in this intense and page-turning romance by Karen Ann Hopkins. 







I was so excited to read this sequel to Forbidden Ways, but I have to admit that I was really apprehensive when I read the blurb and found out CJ was going Amish. I was screaming NO, NO, NO! However, I did enjoy reading how she tried to fit into the Amish community and adapt to the lifestyle, including doing the many chores around the farm. I won't spoil how things end up, but I will say that I found the ending satisfying. I love the characters in this book. CJ is so likable, and the bond that grows between her and Joshua's family was heartwarming. But more importantly, just like in the last book, the chemistry between CJ and Joshua is off the charts! This is a duology, but I would love to read more about these two in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment