Friday, July 3, 2020

Unholy Ground (Serenity's Plain Secrets Book 7)Unholy Ground by Karen Ann Hopkins

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Mystery
Content: Strong language, Rape (off page), Abduction, Sex trafficking



SOME AMISH COMMUNITIES AREN’T SO COZY.

Sheriff Serenity Adams journeys to a northern Indiana Amish settlement to search for a missing girl, and discovers a young outsider has also vanished into thin air. Serenity suspects the cases are connected, and joins forces with an unlikely ally to find answers. When she goes undercover, the sinister truth of the girls’ whereabouts begins to unravel, and she finds herself in a race against time to save the girls, and a desperate fight for her own survival. 





This is the seventh installment in the Serenity's Plain Secrets series, and I didn't really like it as much as the previous books. I think the number one reason for that was Daniel's absence throughout most of the book. I did however like that Serenity grew a bit here and made a decision that I thought was a good one concerning her and Daniel's future.

This book deals with very serious subject matter that is relevant in our world, and I thought it was handled pretty well, but I did feel like the repercussions of what happened to the girls were not addressed as much as I would have liked. In the book Serenity has the thought that kids/teens were resilient and the girls would overcome what had happened to them. Of course they could, but those girls would likely have years of therapy ahead of them. Maybe Serenity's way of dealing with it was to tell herself that, but it definitely wouldn't be easy for those poor girls.

I still like this series a lot, and I look forward to reading the next book when it's published, and seeing what happens next for Serenity and Daniel.




No comments:

Post a Comment