Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Saving Grace (Hearthfire Romance, #1)Saving Grace by Michele Paige Holmes

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Historical Romance
Content: Clean


Saving Grace is a Regency romance set in the latter part of the Regency period. Just like in most of these type books there was a lot of second guessing how the other person feels and being foolish about it, but for some reason I just keep enjoying these anyway. They are mostly great for when I don't have a huge attention span for reading, but just want to breeze through something light and easy. And they also warm the heart and make me feel good, sort of like a Hallmark movie. This one had a very grumpy love interest whose heart needed melting after the loss of his sister and father.

The novel started out a bit shaky, but got much better as it went on. At one point I wasn't sure if I liked the protagonist when she was so willing to ruin other people's reputations without seeming to give them much thought, even if it was to save her sister. But later she seemed to realize what she had done and she grew on me until I really liked her. This is a clean romance and can be read by teens as well as adults. There are two companion novels that I also read and enjoyed that I'll post about later.







No comments:

Post a Comment