Thursday, June 22, 2017

The Legion of Flame (The Draconis Memoria #2)The Legion of Flame by Anthony  Ryan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Content: Strong Language, implied sex


For centuries, the vast Ironship Trading Syndicate relied on drake blood--and the extraordinary powers it confers to those known as the Blood-blessed--to fuel and protect its empire. But now, a fearsome power has arisen--a drake so mighty that the world will tremble before it.

What? No!!! No no no! That ending is killing me! To say that I didn't see that coming would be an understatement. And the way we leave Clay at the end of the previous chapter...Ugh! Anthony Ryan has definitely mastered the cliffhanger chapter. This time around I did resist the urge to peek ahead though.

After reading The Waking Fire back in December I was looking forward to reading this sequel, and happy that I wouldn't have to wait too long for it. This book was everything I was hoping it would be, except maybe for that ending! There is never a dull moment in these books and I enjoyed catching up with Clay and Lizanne and the rest of the characters. I think the only thing I didn't like so much were the chapters from the Spoiled's point of view, but it did give us more insight into the Spoiled and the drakes. Out of the different story lines in the book I think I liked Clay's the most. The journey he goes on was full of interesting revelations and he just continues to grow on me as a character.

I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series. I really need to know what happens next! But unfortunately it won't be released until next year.

Thanks to NetGalley and Berkley Publishing Group for giving me a copy of this book to review.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment