Saturday, June 3, 2017

The Orphan Queen (The Orphan Queen, #1)The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Category: Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Content: Clean


When Princess Wilhelmina was a child, the Indigo Kingdom invaded her homeland. Ten years later, Wil and the other noble children who escaped are ready to fight back and reclaim Wil’s throne. To do so, Wil and her best friend, Melanie, infiltrate the Indigo Kingdom palace with hopes of gathering information that will help them succeed.

But Wil has a secret—one that could change everything.


This ended up being one of my favorite YA fantasies. What can I say, I love reading fantasy about displaced royalty, spies, and vigilante heroes with secret identities. The Orphan Queen certainly isn't anything new as far as high fantasy goes but I still found it completely enjoyable. So I just plain loved everything about this book, even if a lot of it has been done before. For me there was never a dull moment. The characters were great. I loved everything about Wilhelmina. The parts when she interacted with Black Knife set my heart to fluttering every time. I guessed Black Knife's identity early on, and most readers probably will but that didn't ruin the book for me. That ending though was devastating. It was truly one of the worst cliffhangers ever! If you enjoy YA fantasy and you're looking for a fantasy that includes some romance then this one might be for you. Just make sure you have the next book readily available.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment