Sunday, August 12, 2018

Magic Binds (Kate Daniels, #9)Magic Binds by Ilona Andrews

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Content: Strong Language, A sex scene


Mercenary Kate Daniels knows all too well that magic in post-Shift Atlanta is a dangerous business. But nothing she’s faced could have prepared her for this…

In this ninth book in the Kate Daniels series things start to come to a head with Kate and her father Roland. After reading nine books in this series I can say that I'm so ready for that battle to happen, but we still have one more book to go. Despite how much I've loved reading this series, I did feel like this should have been the last book. It's gotten a little too drawn out for me, partly because I felt like book 8 had some filler in it that could have been left out.

Overall, I thought this book was better than the last one. Most of what happens in the book is connected to the main plot, and it was downright fun to read. There was the familiar humor I've come to love, that always balances out the dark plot in this series. On the negative side, there was a betrayal that I didn't see coming and that I felt was pulled out of thin air, and Kate was a little annoying with her inner monologue at times, but other than that this was a solid addition to the series.




No comments:

Post a Comment