Tuesday, August 14, 2018

No Place Like HomeNo Place Like Home by Rebecca Muddiman

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Psychological Thiller
Content: Strong Language (includng the C word a couple of times), A sex scene without much detail

 
What would you do if you came home to find someone in your house?

This is the predicament Polly Cooke faces when she returns to her new home. The first weeks in the house had been idyllic, but soon Jacob, a local man, is watching her.

What does he want and why is he so obsessed with Polly?


There isn't a lot I can say about this book without spoiling it so I'll keep my review brief. I found this easy to read and hard to put down. I know some reviewers have said they had a hard time reading this because the jumping back and forth in the timeline was confusing to them, but I didn't find it confusing at all. Probably if the author had kept adding where we were in the timeline at the beginning of each chapter it would have eliminated the confusion, but I found it quite easy to figure out.

The story has some twists in it that are supposed to be surprising, but I guessed what was going on pretty much from the beginning. When this happens there is always that feeling of satisfaction that I was able to figure out what was going on, but also the feeling of disappointment that I wasn't surprised. That isn't to say that the book didn't offer any surprises at all though. There were things done in this book that still surprised me, mostly I was surprised at how horrible a certain someone ended up being and how they were able to do the things they did to someone else.

Overall this was a good read and I would recommend it to fans of psychological suspense thrillers.

Thanks to NetGalley and Bloodhound Books for providing me with a copy of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment