Monday, August 20, 2018

The Stars Now Unclaimed (The Universe After, #1)The Stars Now Unclaimed by Drew   Williams

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Space Opera
Content: Strong Language

 
Jane Kamali is an agent for the Justified. Her mission: to recruit children with miraculous gifts in the hope that they might prevent the Pulse from once again sending countless worlds back to the dark ages.

Hot on her trail is the Pax--a collection of fascist zealots who believe they are the rightful rulers of the galaxy and who remain untouched by the Pulse.


This book is full of action and adventure. I feel like it depended far too much on action scenes, sort of like those big blockbuster movies that are all special effects and not much plot. And while it was a fun read at times, there was so much action that I wanted the book to slow down for a little while so I could get to know the characters. That does eventually happen and we get back info on most of them, but it wasn't quite enough for me. I wanted to dig deeper into who they are. I wanted them to interact in more ways than just the battle scenes and confrontations. This is definitely an action based book and I tend to like more character driven stories, so at this point I'm not sure if I will continue on with the series.

Thanks to NetGalley and Macmillan-Tor/Forge for providing me with a free copy of this book.






No comments:

Post a Comment