Wednesday, August 29, 2018

August 2018 Book Club: The Land: Founding

The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)The Land: Founding by Aleron Kong

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Fantasy, LitRPG
Content: Strong Language (not sure about anything else)


Tricked into a world of banished gods, demons, goblins, sprites and magic, Richter must learn to meet the perils of The Land and begin to forge his own kingdom. Actions have consequences across The Land, with powerful creatures and factions now hell-bent on Richter's destruction.

Can Richter forge allegiances to survive this harsh and unforgiving world or will he fall to the dark denizens of this ancient and unforgiving realm?


I'm giving up on this one. I'm almost halfway through and it isn't so much the book as it is literary RPG just isn't for me. Although I find the book amusing there are only so many times I can read about someone going on a quest and leveling up. Maybe the quests get better, I don't know, but that alone just isn't enough for me. I need a deeper story with more in-depth characters. If there's another literary RPG out there that has those things I might be interested in trying again.






No comments:

Post a Comment