Thursday, September 17, 2020

Destroyed (The Birthright Series #7) by Bridget E. Baker

 

54146572. sy475 

 My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Content: Clean

  

The powers gathered against Chancery have been vanquished, and she has finally conquered the other five families and assembled their stones. All she needs to do is rejoin the final stones and locate the garden so that she can fulfill the prophecy.

But not all her enemies stood outside the gates.

When her direst enemy strikes, she's woefully unprepared. She's willing to suffer the consequences of her lack of judgment, but her failure means the destruction of billions of lives. Can Chancery make the sacrifices necessary to redeem her misplaced faith, or will the Sons of Gilgamesh bring to pass the utter destruction prophesied from the beginning?


This is the last book in The Birthright Series, and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was scared that I would end up completely heartbroken. The love triangle was kind of agonizing! From the start I was team Edam, but Noah grew on me so much, and I ended up loving him too. One was all fire and intensity, and the other was gentle and caring. They seriously needed to be combined into one guy! I honestly didn't know who she would end up with, and of course I'm not going to tell you, but I will say that I've read a couple of other books with love triangles that ended the way this one did, and I'm happy. A little heartbroken as well, but happy.

I'm probably making this series sound like it was all about the romance, but it wasn't. It was about a lot more than that. I enjoyed the overall plot. It was different from anything I had read before with the low fantasy setting in the real world, combined with the daughters of Eve and their descendants. I liked the sisterly bonds in the series as well, and the way it showed the different perspectives of the sisters. I also liked how it showed how sometimes people can get off track by the choices they make, even if their intentions started out good.

With seven books, this series has been a rather long one, but I loved all the books and it didn't bother me at all that there were seven of them. There may have been a few things that could have been left out, and I did feel like some things happened too quickly (namely babies) and maybe some things were wrapped up a little too neatly, but as I read this I thought about how nice it was to get all these little extras in this series. Namely, the alternate points of view books (which ended up being my favorites), and details like the weddings being included. That was what made this series so great to me. I loved getting to linger and spend the extra time with the characters in this series. I loved getting to see all the alternate points of view and how that changed the story. Overall this book was a great ending to the series and I'm looking forward to seeing what Bridget writes next!

Thanks to the author for providing me with an ARC of this book. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment