Tuesday, September 1, 2020

The Girl On Legare Street (Tradd Street, #2)The Girl On Legare Street by Karen White

My rating: 2.5 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Paranormal, Mystery
Content: Strong language



Melanie has grown accustomed to renovating old houses, but she never imagined she'd have to renovate her own life to include her estranged mother. Ginnette Prioleau Middleton left Charleston thirty-five years ago. She's returned wanting to protect the daughter she's never really known after receiving an ominous premonition.

Melanie never wanted to see her mother again, but with some prodding from her partner, Jack Trenholm, she agrees-and begins to rebuild their relationship. Together Melanie and Ginnette buy back their old home. With their combined psychic abilities they expect to unearth some ghosts. But what they find is a vengeful dark spirit whose strength has been growing for decades. It will take unearthing long buried secrets to beat this demon and save what's left of Melanie's family...





I really wanted to like this series, badly, but unfortunately I just can't stand the main character Melanie. She is supposed to be 40, but she acts like she's in her 20s sometimes and in her 60s other times. Plus she is way too uptight, and sometimes downright mean to Jack. She improves a bit, but it was just too little too late for me. Honestly, just about every one of the characters in this book annoyed me in some way.

I still like the ghost aspect of the book, and it was a little bit creepier than the first book, although still not creepy enough for me. I also thought the mystery was better in this one, but it's too overshadowed by the annoying characters. I hate to say it, but this series is going on the abandoned pile.




No comments:

Post a Comment