Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Sleuthing for a Living (Mackenzie & Mackenzie P.I. #1)Sleuthing for a Living by Jennifer L. Hart

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Mystery, Cozy Mysery
Content: Off page sex, some innuendo


As a young single parent, Mackenzie Elizabeth Taylor has struggled to provide for her teenage daughter. She finally catches a break when she inherits half of an apartment building in Boston from her uncle Al...along with his P.I. business. So what if she doesn’t know the first thing about investigation or if their hot-but-crabby downstairs tenant is a police detective who’s looking for any excuse to handcuff her? Her daughter, Mac the computer whiz, has her back. And these two girls don’t know the meaning of the word quit—not even when their first case takes an unexpected turn.



This was a lot of fun, but it was so much like Gilmore Girls; e. g., mom and daughter with same name, their relationship dynamic, what they eat, strained relationship with grandma, that it couldn't have been an accident. That being said, it didn't bother me too much. This was one of the better cozy mysteries I've read, but I haven't read too many of them yet. I especially liked the little snippets at the beginning of each chapter from The Working Man's Guide to Sleuthing for a Living. Perfect for when you want something light.




No comments:

Post a Comment