Sunday, December 17, 2023

December 2023 Book Club: Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

Our book club pick for December was one of my all time favorites. I've been doing a reread of this whole series along with the Alpha and Omega series in chronological order with my husband and we're enjoying it so much. I've never actually written much of a review for this book, just left a few comments on Goodreads each time I've read it. I'll put those down below. 



  

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Content: Strong language

 

Mercedes Thompson, aka Mercy, is a talented Volkswagen mechanic living in the Tri-Cities area of Washington. She also happens to be a walker, a magical being with the power to shift into a coyote at will. Mercy's next-door neighbor is a werewolf. Her former boss is a gremlin. And she's fixing a bus for a vampire. This is the world of Mercy Thompson, one that looks a lot like ours but is populated by those things that go bump in the night. And Mercy's connection to those things is about to get her into some serious hot water...


Update December 1, 2023: Reading a third time. This time for book club.

Update September 3, 2022: I read this for a second time and it still gets 4 stars from me. It was nice to reread this and be reminded of several things I had forgotten. I listened to it this time on a road trip with my husband and he enjoyed it too.

Original comments April 8, 2011:
This was a really good read. I'm happy to now include another urban fantasy series to my must read book list. In my opinion it's right up there with the Dresden Files and The Kate Daniels series. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

 

We had lots of good food at our book club meeting. My daughter and I made some wolf themed sugar cookies for the occasion. My husband insisted we also make ones that looked like Scooby snacks, so we made the bone shaped ones too. If you've read the book then you'll know what the Scooby-doo reference is about.



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Also, every year for our book club we have a white elephant gift exchange. This year I had to post about the funny gift my husband got, and also give some back story on it. It started out three years ago with this one Barbie in the picture below. 😄





















My friend Risa brought this one and the person that got it brought it back the next year along with this Ken doll. 😆




 
















 

Then this year it was brought back again along with a third item. 😂




















My husband ended up with it this year, and now we have to think of something to add to it for next year! Any ideas? Let me know!





No comments:

Post a Comment