Wednesday, May 24, 2017

A Fine Gentleman (The Jonquil Brothers #4)A Fine Gentleman by Sarah M. Eden

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Historical Romance
Content: Clean


London barrister Jason Jonquil has spent his entire life working to establish his identity as a gentleman, a man of refinement like his father and brothers. But when fiery Spanish beauty Mariposa Thornton walks into his office, he finds himself losing his grasp on his dignified character.

A Fine Gentleman is the latest book in the Jonquil Brothers series. This one is about Jason, the twin brother of Corbin who was featured in the last book. This one takes place simultaneously with the last book and there are a few brief over-lapping events that I enjoyed revisiting from Jason's point of view. I also really liked getting to visit with Phillip and Sorrel in this book, and there was more time spent with them than I thought there would be.

In the beginning Mariposa really annoyed me and I thought the act she was putting on was really unnecessary, especially after she had secured Jason's services, why keep insulting him? I never thought Jason had anything to apologize for concerning that part of the book. For a while there I wasn't expecting to like this book much at all. I thought it would be my least favorite of the whole series, but as soon as Mariposa dropped the act she began to grow on me and I ended up liking this book quite a lot.

One thing I really appreciated about this book is there were very few contrived misunderstandings between Jason and Mariposa. Sure there were some during the time Mariposa was acting, but that was a little different. Notice I said very few, as in there was still a little bit of that. There were a couple of times when Jason acted pretty silly over getting close to Mariposa and his developing feelings for her, but it was not too annoying. Anyway it was a nice change from all the other books in this series that seemed to include a lot of that sort of thing. I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series and if I had to guess I would say it will be about Stanley who is off in the war and whom everyone was worried about in this book.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher Covenant Communications for giving me a copy of this book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment