Friday, May 12, 2017

What Alice ForgotWhat Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Contemporary Fiction, Women's Fiction, Mystery
Content: Strong Language, implied sex


Alice Love is twenty-nine, crazy about her husband, and pregnant with her first child.

So imagine Alice’s surprise when she comes to on the floor of a gym and is whisked off to the hospital where she discovers the honeymoon is truly over — she’s getting divorced, she has three kids and she’s actually 39 years old.


This is more of a women's fiction/ chick-lit type novel which is not a genre that I normally read and I probably never would have found it and read it on my own if it were not for it being a book club pick. Despite that I loved this book. I found it almost impossible to put down. It was the added bit of mystery about what Alice forgot and why she turned out to be the kind of person she was that kept me interested.

There was a lot I could relate to in this story. Some of the things that happened in Alice's marriage were a lot like some things that have happened in mine and probably a lot of other peoples, so on a personal level I could really relate to quite a few things. I even found myself in tears once! I especially liked the part about love at the end of the book. About how a relationship that survives all those things is a real love and not the ones that are new, untested, and euphoric.

I did think the way Alice lost her memory was kind of stupid. I mean who falls off an exercise bike? But that's probably the worst thing about the book. I recommend this if you like books about relationships.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment