Saturday, May 20, 2017

Changes (The Dresden Files, #12)Changes by Jim Butcher

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Content: Strong Language


Long ago, Susan Rodriguez was Harry Dresden's lover-until she was attacked by his enemies, leaving her torn between her own humanity and the bloodlust of the vampiric Red Court. Susan then disappeared to South America, where she could fight both her savage gift and those who cursed her with it.

Susan is back and she has a big surprise for Harry in this one. If you've read the synopsis then you probably already know what it is, but if you haven't I would recommend not reading it so you don't spoil it.

When Jim Butcher titled this one Changes, he wasn't kidding. There were lots of changes, some of which I don't think I was quite ready for. I was shocked by some of the choices Harry made, and although I understand why, I have mixed feelings about them.

As in all of the Dresden books, this one was loaded with action. So much action, that for me I have to sit back and take some deep breaths when it's all finally over. I was stunned by the ending and hoping Jim writes the next book quickly, because it is going to be torture to have to wait a whole year to find out what really happened.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment